One of the primary components of our work is to conduct both market and policy analysis on important issues relating to the growth of manufacturing in the clean energy economy.
We have undertaken a number of research projects related to manufacturing opportunities in the wind, solar, and advanced transportation sectors, as well as helping communities create economic development job creation strategies in the clean energy economy.
To learn more about the clean energy economy, visit here to see a taxonomy of the major categories of clean tech enomy in the energy, manufacturing, environmental and natural resources sectors.
Publications related to our work include:
- Clean Energy Transition Policy Inventory-IN, KT, OH, TN, VA & WV
This is an inventory of current federal and state policies and programs that support business and communities as they develop their clean energy resources. This report includes policies from Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia.
- Clean Energy Transition Policy Inventory-PA
This is an inventory of current federal and state policies and programs that support business and communities as they develop their clean energy resources. This report includes policies from Pennsylvania.
- Wind Energy Industry Manufacturing Supplier Handbook
This handbook provides information on wind energy markets, turbine components, and the nature of the industry for manufacturing companies interested in becoming wind suppliers.
- Green Manufacturing in Dayton: A Policy Roadmap towards Green Job Growth
"Green Manufacturing in Dayton" is a roadmap of policies that could jump-start green jobs in the local Dayton, Ohio economy. Similar projects were done in Minneapolis and Cincinnati.
- Overview of the Solar Energy Industry and Supply Chain
This overview provides general information about the solar energy market as well as the current installed capacity and expected growth with a focus on the solar energy supply chain.
- Clean Transportation Manufacturing Action Plan
The Transportation Manufacturing Action Plan (TMAP) calls for a comprehensive strategy to boost domestic transit and freight manufacturing.
- Pathways and Policies Towards Green Jobs in Cincinnati
This report identified policies and programs necessary to grow and expand green manufacturing jobs in the city of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Kansas Wind Industry Supply Chain Survey
This project provides the state of Kansas with a foundation on which to build a wind energy manufacturing base by providing a better understanding of current activity in the emerging wind power generation industry within the state and region.
- The Flint Clean Economy Project: Roadmap to the Future
"The Flint Clean Economy Project" explores the potential for clean economic development as a strategy for creating good jobs, fighting poverty, and revitalizing manufacturing in Flint, Michigan.
- Manufacturing Better Business in Minneapolis Saint Paul
"Manufacturing Better Business" is a strategic plan to create good, green manufacturing jobs in Minneapolis Saint Paul, Minnesota. The report is the result of the Mayors' Green Manufacturing Initiative.
- Mayors' Green Manufacturing InitiativePhase I: “Making it Green”
Led by Saint Paul Mayor Chris Coleman and Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak, the Mayors' Green Manufacturing Initiative is worked on efforts to make two Minnesota cities the center of green manufacturing.
- California Green Manufacturing Action Plan
The California Green Manufacturing Action Plan (GreenMAP) offers policy recommendations that will help to grow clean energy manufacturing jobs in California.
- Investment Tax Credit for Offshore Wind Fact Sheet
The Investment Tax Credit (ITC) is a vital component to the development of a wealth of untapped, domestic energy resources. This Fact Sheet provides information on that credit.
- Gearing Up: What Clean Cars Mean for Michigan's Economy
"Gearing Up" found at least 20,000 jobs will be created by 2030 in Michigan as a direct result of vehicle fuel economy standards proposed by the Obama administration.
- Michigan Green Manufacturing Action Plan: Next Steps in a Clean Energy Manufacturing Policy
"The Michigan Green Manufacturing Action Plan: Next Steps in a Clean Energy Manufacturing Policy" provides a road map for smart state-level policies that will create good manufacturing job creation in the state.
- New Clean Car Standards: A Job Creator for America and Ohio
This report estimated that new fuel efficiency standards would create approximately 21,000 new jobs in Ohio by 2030.
- Gauging Growth - The Freight Rail Supply Chain and Job-Creation Potential
"Gauging Growth" shows expanding freight rail presents a significant opportunity to support and create quality U.S. jobs while improving the efficiency of freight movement and ensuring the nation remains competitive in the 21st century global economy.
- Winds of Change: A Manufacturing Blueprint for the Wind Industry
This report, written with input from the American Wind Energy Association and the United Steelworkers, shows the U.S. wind industry can create tens of thousands of jobs manufacturing turbines and components with long-term market development policies.